Sachin must have an unknown record of setting the most number of records. The effort taken to dig in the numbers spanning across his illustrious and amazingly long career has definitely been daunting, but worthy.
Let's look at all the lesser-known stats of 'The God of Cricket'.
1. Sachin had the highest Test Average in the 1990s for a minimum of 2000 runs. List below:-
S Waugh: 53
2. Sachin has most fifties(76) outside Asia by an Indian batsman. Next best are Dravid(74) & Kohli(47)
3. Sachin has the 2nd best conversion rate in ODIs for a minimum of 10k runs. Kohli has the best so far but he still is 6500+ runs away from Sachin's daunting overall tally.
4. In IPL, Sachin averages 50 against Dale Steyn with a healthy SR of 135. Lost his wicket to Piyush the most. 4 times.
5. In IPL powerplays, he has scored over a 1000 runs with a solid average of 44 scoring 66% of his runs in boundaries.
6. Among batsmen with 7k+ ODI runs, Sachin has most 50s and most 4s between 2 birthdays. He scored 12 fifties and 203 fours at the age of 34.
7. Sachin has top-scored for India a record 129 times which is most by any batsman.
8. Sachin shared a record 664 run partnership with Kambli in a Harris-Shield game. He retired with the same exact number of international matches to his name.
9. Only player alongside Sir Viv Richards to achieve Wisden's All-Time Top 5 ratings in both Tests and ODIs. Full list below:
Sir Vivian: 914
Sir Vivian: 1132
10. Even though Sachin has scored most runs in Test cricket, it's Rahul Dravid who has faced more balls (31, 258) followed by Sachin with 29,437 deliveries faced. He ranks 3rd after Dravid & Kallis in most centuries of balls faced.